How can I alleviate the discomfort caused by radiotherapy?
The rays produced by radiotherapy can cause skin lesions known as radiodermatitis. Symptoms range from simple redness to severe burns with ulcerations.
Avène Thermal Spring Water spray
Soothes and softensFind out more
Nourishes and soothes feelings of itchiness*Find out more
Also available in 200ml and in CREAM version.
*: caused by skin dryness
Restorative protective cream
Helps soothe superficial irritation.Find out more
- Protect the treated area from sunlight.
- Use suitable products for your everyday skin care routine.
- Use emollient creams after the radiotherapy session, never beforehand.
- Do not apply any greasy substance within 4 hours of the radiation treatment.
- Apply an emollient cream as soon as you begin radiotherapy, before you start to suffer from radiodermatitis.
Did you know?
- Irradiated skin is more fragile and prone to bruising, as well as being more sensitive, even after the end of radiotherapy treatment.
- When radiotherapy is associated with certain chemotherapies, the appearance of radiodermatitis is more common.