Our tips for your skin
The confidence of healthy skin
Generally linked to skin sensitivity, redness is frequent, not serious, but often difficult to live with. Under the effects of a triggering factor, the skin's blood vessels dilate, causing an influx of blood to the face: redness thus appears. Whether it's a temporary flush or permanent redness, all women can be affected – but rest assured, with the right skincare, it's no longer unavoidable.
Thanks to the Antirougeurs range, Avène Dermatological Laboratories provide sensitive skin with a unique and suitable solution for different types of redness.
To stop blushing
A solution for every need! Whether you have normal to combination sensitive skin, or dry to very dry skin, Avène Dermatological Laboratories offer the effectiveness and comfort of two new high-protection formulas.
More than a simple camouflage, discover all the expertise of Eau Thermale Avène in a unique, complete care product that offers the perfect balance between effectiveness and beauty: it soothes, moisturises and protects the skin on a daily basis while offering long-lasting action on redness. All this in an ultra-natural tinted formula for an instant "beautiful skin" effect.
TESTED AND APPROVED
Excellent product. The ultra fluid texture may be surprising since it’s a mask, but it has a very pleasant cooling effect. [...] The anti-redness effect was clearly visible from the first application for me.
Discover our other skincare
Our next-generation anti-redness care
Avène Dermatological Laboratories have developed and perfected a complete patented approach, combining 3 complementary active ingredients that act in synergy, to:
- break the vicious cycle responsible for redness and target all these triggers in advance.
- quickly relieve hot flushes and feelings of discomfort.
- reduce and protect the micro-vessels responsible for redness.
The Antirougeurs range strikes the perfect balance between effectiveness and safety. It guarantees very good skin and eye tolerance, perfect respect for the skin’s microbiome, as well as daily protection against UVA and UVB rays partly responsible for the appearance and worsening of redness. Finally, a comprehensive and long-lasting solution for skin prone to redness!
The sensory experience at the heart of our skincares
Beyond their effectiveness and safety, the Antirougeurs range offers surprising and sensorial textures that are fluid, fresh and delicately scented, while respecting the specific needs of skin prone to redness. Their formulas contain light-reflecting pearls to enhance radiance, and green pigments that naturally mask redness. Because a camouflaging or soothing anti-redness care product is still, above all, a care product (to feel good in your skin!).
A fluid, delicately scented texture in a natural nude shade. No streaks or marks; a matte, velvety finish.
Delicately scented, melting texture enriched with natural nutrients. No greasy or sticky effect.
Light and delicately scented texture that moisturises without leaving behind any greasy or sticky effect.
Ultra-fresh gel texture that immediately soothes and protects the skin.
Fresh, fluid texture that gently cleanses without over-irritating the skin.
The golden rule for removing make-up from sensitive skin prone to redness is to use your fingers: the gesture is gentler and limits friction.
It’s preferable to use soft lotion-like textures and to opt for formulas without potentially irritating substances.
For those who are loyal to removing make-up with a cotton pad, you can soak the cotton in Avène Thermal Spring Water before applying your make-up remover to the same cotton: a guaranteed instant, soothing, fresh effect!
The best way to camouflage your redness immediately is to use make-up. But be careful, a few rules are necessary to avoid causing new redness.
- Choose skincare products that are suitable for sensitive skin and do not contain substances that could cause irritation, so more redness doesn’t appear.
- In addition, use a green concealer. This colour counteracts red and is effective in masking red-toned imperfections.
- Choose a specific highly-pigmented corrective foundation, which will camouflage your redness more effectively. As for the shade, opt for neutral tones, such as beiges or nudes. Pink shades, which already contain red pigments, can be more difficult to pull off.
Getting enough sleep, exercising regularly and eating a more balanced diet can all help your skin fight redness naturally.
But to make your efforts effective, here are some tips:
- Eat well: yes! But certain foods encourage the dilation of vessels and therefore the appearance of redness. In particular, spicy, acidic food or food that’s just too hot! By noting the composition of your meals, you can better understand which foods or drinks trigger your redness, and thus reduce their consumption or even eliminate them from your diet.
- Exercise: of course! But overheating the body through too much physical exercise can cause redness. Take advantage of the cooler hours of the day to do outdoor activities, such as early morning or evening when the sun is lower. Divide your vigorous exercise sessions into several shorter periods and take time to recover by hydrating as much as possible to bring your temperature down.