Our tips for your skin
The confidence of healthy skin
Repairing, nourishing, soothing
Nourishes and offers high protection for hands dried out by external aggressors (wind, cold etc.).
Tested in extreme cold conditions, this nourishing hand cream's enveloping texture and light fragrance leave hands with a soft, non-greasy and non-sticky finish. Thanks to the Eau Thermale Avène Cold Cream, a traditional blend of ingredients from the French pharmacopoeia, this cream nourishes and soothes and protects from cold and dryness. Its rich texture ensures 24 hours* of hydration and allows for a gradual release of active ingredients, for easy application and quick penetration. Hands regain suppleness and feel intense comfort.
This nourishing cream with its enveloping texture and light fragrance leaves hands with a soft, non-sticky finish.
Nourishes and soothes dry hands. Protection against the aggressions of extreme cold, thanks to an enveloping texture that suits the whole family.
• NOURISHES: 24-hour, deep nutrition
• HYDRATES: immediately and intensively for 24 hours
• PROTECTS: the skin is protected thanks to its composition based on a natural origin cold cream
*Upper layers of skin.
Packaging composed of at least 23% recycled material
Packaging containing mostly recyclable materials
99% naturally derived formula*****
Manufactured in an environmentally certified factory***
Plants grown/harvested without the use of pesticides
***According to ISO 14001 or ECOVADIS
Product manufactured in a factory with French social standards
By purchasing this product, you will help support our environmental and social commitments:
Eau Thermale Avène in collaboration with:
* Dermatologists through the Euromelanoma association created by European dermatologists for the prevention of skin cancer.
* ... Patients with Tout le Monde contre le Cancer and Association Ichtyose France.
* Communities and stakeholders with APIA: Association for the preservation of the Avène water impluvium, which works to mobilise local players around voluntary actions to promote sustainable forestry, support agriculture that respects natural resources, and enhance and protect the local heritage.
* From PUR PROJET, a social enterprise committed to the preservation of marine ecosystems in Indonesia.
Spread the Cold Cream for hands in the palms of your hands and then apply to the top of the hands with light massaging motions.
For very dry and/or fragilized hands, apply by lightly dabbing before spreading gently.
¹Test conducted in Canada under extreme cold conditions on a sample of 31 people (% satisfied). At least two applications per day for 20 days.
would recommend this product to a friend
Donna SullivanOne year ago
I'm really liking this hand cream - I've tried TONS, this isn't too greasy so you can do things after putting it on and yet my hands do feel much smoother after using.
Tatjana KulkarniOne year ago
Marie SangsterOne year ago
very thick and creamy. leaves hands hydrated and soft. I’m not crazy about the scent but it’s not overbearing. it has a slight rose scent which I’m not a huge fan of.
Kelly BekolayOne year ago
Does the job. Lasting hydration. No greasy after feel.
Rachel SheppardOne year ago
Works greats but very scented
AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA). GLYCERIN. MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM). CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE. CETEARYL ALCOHOL. POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE. GLYCERYL STEARATE. ALUMINUM SUCROSE OCTASULFATE. PEG-100 STEARATE. BEESWAX (CERA ALBA). BENZOIC ACID. BISABOLOL. CAPRYLYL GLYCOL. CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE. CETYL ALCOHOL. FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR. SODIUM HYDROXIDE. WATER (AQUA)
The consumer is advised to systematically check the composition of the product before purchasing it.
Thanks to a unique mineral and biological characteristic, it has soothing, repairing and rebalancing properties.
A traditional blend of ingredients derived from the French pharmacopoeia, this cream is composed of wax, fats and Avène Thermal Spring Water. It acts like cement to compensate for the sebum deficit in the hydrolipidic film and thus protect the skin from skin dryness.
For small cracks, I recommend Cicalfate Hand Restore Barrier Cream. Its restoring and antibacterial agents will accelerate skin recovery Don't forget that washing with soaps can make these worse, so you should use a dermatological bar instead, such as our soap-free Cold Cream Ultra-Rich Cleansing Bar, or even a lipid-replenishing cleansing oil, such as the one in the Xeracalm A.D. range, for intense dryness.
The amount of cream you apply depends on how dry your hands are. I can, however, tell you how to apply hand cream without getting greasy hands:
- Start by applying a small amount of Cold Cream Hand Cream to the back of your hands; it is a concentrated formula with strong nourishing power, usually a small amount is enough and you can always add more if necessary.
- Spread it between the backs of the hands and the backs of the fingers.
- Run the backs of the hands over the thumb-index joint of the other hand.
- Then between your fingers with your fingertips facing you (much easier).
- Finish with the palms of your hands.
With this technique, your hands will be well moisturised and protected but without the feeling of excess cream on the palms of your hands.
Here are two highly effective methods to put an end to this inconvenience: For both methods, apply Cold Cream Concentrated Hand Cream generously to your hands. Then either wrap your hands in cotton or silk gloves and sleep with them on, and in the morning you will notice a marked improvement. Or, for quicker action, you can wrap your hands in cling film and keep them warm under a blanket for one hour. Efficiency tested and validated! One last tip to increase the effect of these two methods. Start the routine with a compress of Avène Thermal Spring Water for 10 minutes, your hands will be less dry and the active ingredients in the Cold Cream will absorb better.
AVÈNE THERMAL SPRING WATER
Powerful water that soothes and calms.